Monday 27 June 2011

The confusion is nearly over.



My novel The Dark Matter is pretty much ready for print, once I got amongst the Blurb program I found it pretty easy to use, It's full of bugs but you just got to work around these problems. I had to convert a bunch of files because Blurb couldn't read Mac Word files which I thought was really odd, and it was obsessively turning all my punctuation into wing dings. At present I'm just waiting for The Genius with the cover and then it'll be off to print. Exciting and scary times. I'm still not sure how many I'm going to get done so if you would like one and you don't think you are on my list let me know through the comments on this blog or Email:

ollybmx@hotmail.com

The synopsis for The Dark Matter is thus.

A story of a dysfunctional relationship set against an overwhelmingly mundane background. The city is all powerful and undefeatable in its neon lit omnipresence. Both man and woman are oppressed by the triviality of life, a relationship divided by modern world distractions and thinking, two people cohabiting the same space while simultaneously entirely unaware of each others existence, it's a mental journey of thoughts and cross thought processes. It's about searching for a reason to exist in a unforgiving and unrewarding world. It's a tale of obsession, madness, anarchist politics, wigga fashion and an insatiable lust for Custard Creams.

If this sounds like your cup of tea let me know and I'll sort you out with a copy. I'm selling them for what they cost me to get printed so depending on the numbers it'll probably be around a fiver.

I'll have more accurate information as the printing process develops.

5 comments:

  1. One for me please! Pete Greaves

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's dchum from the Land Of Sun, it would be appreciated if you could send one this way, as any book that involves a lust for Custard Creams has to be worth the read. if you need any postage let me know i can send to paypal if ya have one of them........

    ReplyDelete
  3. cheers D, there still a few weeks away yet but ill get one done for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHEERS OLLY, I WILL KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR UPDATES.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like one, and Little River Fanzine too, so make it 2. What's your paypal?

    ReplyDelete