Saturday 26 March 2011

Job Application

Unemployment is up, education is failing to inspire.

We got this job application posted through the door at work last month. I know exactly where this guy's coming from. I was on New Deal once and the dole made me write off for the worst jobs imaginable. I had to get creative and make it look like I was really trying to get the job from the doles prospective but look like a worthless piece of unemployable shit from an employers prospective, not an easy thing to do. I particularly like all the 'Make it so' comments, Who does Mr. S think he is, Jean luc Picard?

Make it so number 1.

I'm not sure a solar anomaly could be powerful enough to destroy a paper C.V. and not set fire to your window sill and eventually your house in the process. Maybe if the C.V. was on a memory stick or other such digital storage device the electrically charged particles could interfere with the solid state storage. I think it unlikely. Mr. S comes off very demanding in his application, he's asked for an assistant manager post even after his self admission of having no recognised academic qualifications, he's requiring of a costly all zone bus pass, he expects a decent wage and is aged over 50. I fail to see what he has to offer the company other than regular displays of projectile vomiting and spontaneous human combustion. Which I might add I'm not prepared to clean up after. The application is genius though and will assure him another day of the life of kings residing as he does, on benefits.





1 comment: