Friday 20 May 2011

Fire and pegs in Byker.


Giant black smoking fires are becoming a weekly event in Byker. Last Thursday it was Pizza, this week it's the scrapyard, what's next? Ringtons, Morrisons, The Wall?


I had loads of work on so I didn't see much apart from a gridlocked Shields Road, heaps of black smoke from the back door and arcing hose-power in the distance. The entire area reeked of burning plastic and I heard a few distant explosions.



I would have liked to view the flaming spectacle a little closer like last week but we're getting our workshop done out at the Cycle Centre so we had to tidy all the cupboard detritus and miniaturise it into the new ultimate storage cuboid.


The tidying unearthed some hilariously outdated products from cycling's wobbly history and also some excellent finds like this bag of random pegs dating back to the mid 90s. Team 2 Street ain't got shit on my peg collection now. I particularly like the blue knurled screw-on numbers.

2 comments:

  1. Are any of these pegs of a reasonable standard? I'm talking not heavier than a bag of sugar and not with an opening resembling the mouth of those worms in tremors. If so could I trouble you for one? I feel like a traitor to the 4th peg running an aluminium one on the rear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why don't you come in a and get a proper peg?

    ReplyDelete