Friday 13 May 2011

Ride scenes issue.


The new Ride cover has been posted, it must be out sometime next week. I'm pretty stoked because after initially being totally nonplussed about my involvement in writing a NE scene article I think what I eventually wrote came out pretty good. Hman first mentioned the article a few weeks ago at which point the deadline was already looming, he forwarded me a load of old images and after a good look through I was totally uninspired. I hate covering old ground and would prefer to do anything but look back with hazy soft focused blinkers about the heyday of our scene. Although I hadn't yet said anything to Hman, I had decided against writing the article. The NorthEast would not be represented in the scenes issue.
A few days before I was scheduled to go to Prague Beddows rang me. He got me enthused about the piece gave me a few pointers in the direction of which he thought it should go and generally relayed the details of what he wanted in a much more coherent fashion. Although I despise pressure and avoid it at all costs it does tend to bring the out the best in me. I was relieved to get something together that Beddows was stoked on and the article which ended up being called 'What happened to the NSF?'  has made the cover contents. Check it out when it hits the news stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment