Friday 1 April 2011

Earth

Earth and Sabbath Assembly at The Cluny, Monday the 4th of April.

I'm at the point where I'm really excited about this gig. Earth are absolute rulers, I like the new direction of their latest album. I heard Angels of darkness demons of light I described perfectly as a super slowed down Shadows album. The guitar parts have that Hank Marvin feel accompanied by a monolithic sloth like drone ebbing at and fogging the speakers.



Here's an interview with Dylan about drone. When speaking of his earlier band he describes it as 'a combination of flipper and cinderella' 3 chord punk and they did Greatfull Dead covers, this I cannot imagine.



Also to be excited about is Sabbath Assembly, I saw Jex Thoth last year at Roadburn and I was blown away by the psychedelic folk revivalism. She was dancing with candles, cavorting like a fairy and floating about the stage singing sweetly. Sabbath Assembly is Jex Thoth's other band with Dave Nuss.



Tickets are 12 quid and still available, get on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment